With the cost effectiveness and eco-friendly option that electric vehicles are, consumers are starting to see the benefits that electrical vehicles provide. With the rise in electric vehicles on the road, comes the need for a charging station installed in many homes across the country. At Simon Electric, we offer electric vehicle charger installation services so that you can conveniently charge your car each night to ensure it is ready to drive each morning. You can count on our installation services to be done right so your charging will be seamless.
Electric Vehicle (EV) Charger Design
Our team of certified electricians have the training and skills to provide you with quality workmanship that will deliver complete customer satisfaction. Here is what you can expect when you choose Simon Electric to handle your EV charger installation.
1. A thorough inspection of your electrical system and vehicle so we have all the knowledge needed to determine and customize your needs for EV charger installation.
2. Along with the homeowner, we will determine the desired model of charging station that will work best for your home.
3. Then we will install your charging station so that it works effectively and safely each time you plug in your car.
Types of Electric Car Charging Stations
When it comes to EV chargers, there are three basic types that you can choose from.
• Level 1: This type of charger is a 120 volt charger. When you purchase your electric car, it comes with a charging cord that has a convention three prong plug to charge it. This is a slow charge and really only makes sense for hybrid vehicles that have a smaller battery pack.
• Level 2: This type of charger is a 220 volt. If you are looking to be able to charge your car overnight to use each day, this is the charger that makes the most sense. It is still going to preserve your battery and charges in less than half of the time it takes a 120 volt charger to charge your vehicle. There are several benefits to a level 2 charger in your garage and the biggest being that you can charge your vehicle quickly for convenient use. It will literally cut your charging time in more than half what a 120 volt can charge. They are safe, reliable and energy efficient which most electric vehicle owners appreciate.
• DC Fast Charging: These chargers us a direct current to offer your vehicle a quick charge. They don’t use alternating current like the others listed above and are extremely high powered. They are only used in public charging stations.
• Level 3 Charging (Tesla Supercharger): Some fully electric vehicles designed for everyday use are now utilizing Tesla energy, a specific brand of energy. They are high-functioning and far more economical than other vehicle options. People who opt for these vehicles do get an adapter to charge their vehicle into a standard electrical outlet. However, those who invest in a Tesla wall connector can expect faster charging time and the charge will even last longer. In fact, the Tesla supercharger will provide half a charge in approximately 20 minutes. The Tesla Supercharger is an exceptional investment for superior expedited charging time. Tesla charging stations require professional installation. Simon Electric, LLC is proud to be a preferred Tesla installer.
Electric Car Charging Station Installation & More in Delray Beach, Palm Beach Gardens, Jupiter & Boca Raton & Palm Beach County Florida
If you are considering having an EV charger installed in your garage, there isn’t a more qualified team of certified electricians than the ones at Simon Electric to complete the job. We will provide quality installation services that offer safe electric vehicle charging. Call us today for your complementary consultation and to learn more about our installation of 100 amp Superchargers!